Sunday, June 14, 2015

Next stop, Cummins Coach Care

Today's destination was Cummins Coach Care in Coburg, Oregon. Cummins is conveniently located along the I-5 corridor and we have an appointment scheduled first thing Monday morning for a routine oil change. 

We left the pretty rural location along the Columbia River late this morning and headed back towards I-5. 
But first we stopped at the Walmart conveniently situated right at the exit and on-ramps, to stock up on a few grocery items













The trip took a lot longer today, again because of heavy traffic through Portland and beyond. 













Good Sam's mapping software always routes us along 1-5 and across this drawbridge into Oregon - 

The highway skirts downtown Portland, with its numerous bridges across the Columbia River. The network of highways is quite a jumble of concrete. It must have been a nightmare to build.

Portland sparkled in the sunlight as we inched our way along.


Eventually the traffic thinned out and we continued along at regular speed. 














This section of the I-5 corridor is quite familiar, with its tilled and cultivated fields, scenic barns, dairy cattle and sheep. 

We spied a VW Eurovan camper exactly like the one we once had, which took us to the four corners of the States and in between, as well as to parts of western Canada. We toured just about all the National Parks, National Monuments, and other notable attractions. Those adventures are what got me hooked on RV-ing and vagabonding around the country. 
Now, the Eurovan looked so small as it whizzed past us, but back then it seemed so luxurious, and was so cleverly outfitted, especially compared to tent camping. 
I wondered where this Eurovan was taking the couple in it. We definitely had wonderful adventures in our Eurovan, and I have the photos to prove it!

As we pulled in to the Cummins parking lot in the late afternoon, we were surprised to see so many coaches already there. We felt lucky to nab the last spot with electrical hook up. 
Once we were all set up and enjoyed our cuppa', we relaxed in our home on wheels. I feel so lucky to be able to continue our travels and now in such luxury.